Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple Muffins

My biggest problem with this blog is finding the time to write in it. Last week I was able to bake my grandma's apple muffin recipe. However, I have had no time to write about them until now. I need to try and get better at this. This school semester has been extremely busy and I have had a ton of work which makes it difficult. I do my best though. Enough about school, let's talk about baking!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this last entry but October 2nd I went apple picking with my mom, my mom's boyfriend, my roommate and her family. We went to a farm which is about 10 minutes from my apartment. This was before we packaged all those cookies from the previous entry! We got a ton of apples and we were pretty much the only people there because it was early in the morning on a cloudy day. I grabbed a bunch of Cortland and Empire (I think) apples for baking. I still have some in my fridge.

The first thing I made with them were apple muffins. This recipe my mom got from my grandma (my dad's mom). They are really delicious and smell absolutely amazing when baking. My apartment spelt like them for hours. They are extremely easy to make. The recipe calls for apple juice but I used apple cider instead. I don't think there is that much difference, I also used a cortland apple.

Nana's Apple Muffins

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 medium apple cut up


Directions:
Cream sugar and butter. Stir in egg and apple cider/juice. Stir dry ingredients together and add to batter. Blend until moistened. Add cut up apple. Stir. Pour into greased muffin pans (or use liners) 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon and sugar.


Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Makes 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment