Thursday, October 13, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Cookies and Apple Pie

Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Cookies

I know I haven't posted on this blog in a while but that does not mean I am not baking! It just means I haven't had time to post. I am a busy college student you know. That's why I am first going to take you back a couple of week of September 25th. This was actually a very busy baking week. For those of you who don't know (maybe I mentioned this earlier too) but I do have a little cookie business and I have sold cookies at a local deli called Villarina's and have done a couple cookie orders. Well, October 4th, I had a big cookie order due. I had to bake 200 cookies for a Breast Cancer Awareness walk. On top of school work I had to bake these cookies. I did a little each day and froze them. That Saturday, I woke up early and began to decorate. I was working until about 1:30 that night, I got them all done. That Sunday, I had my roommate, my mom, my mom's boyfriend, my roommate and her mom help me put them into little bags and tie them with pink ribbon. I must say I was really pleased with them.

Apple Pie (Sorry no picture for this one)
That week I was not only baking these cookies, I went to Brooklyn to visit my boyfriend so I had to bring an apple pie because he really likes it. For this, I baked it at home for 20 minutes, and I finished baking it for another 20 minutes in Brooklyn. The recipe is from the box of Pillsbury Pie Crust. My mom makes the best apple pie and it is from that recipe. I used 2 cortland apples and 2 granny smith. My mom always told me that mixing the apples is the best when baking pies and Momma knows best :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment